Welcome to the RCI Foundation
We exist to support research, education, and the dissemination of information for issues important to the building industry. With your help, we can make a difference for the building envelope. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more about the RCI Foundation and to get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated.
2015 Foundation Auction!
The 2015 annual convention is approaching quickly, and it is time for the RCI Foundations to begin planning the annual fundraising auction and reception.
Whether you are a first timer or a long-time supporter, we encourage you to consider what popular and/or unique item(s) you might donate to one of the foundations to support their good works. Popular items in the past have been travel-related (timeshare stays, beach houses, trips, etc.); tickets to popular sports or theatrical events; jewelry; household décor; tools of the trade; art; hunting trips or related items; sports memorabilia; and connoisseur spirits and cigars. We also appreciate RCI members, friends, and family members donating handcrafted items they have created. Several one-of-a-kind member creations in the past (remember the mouse trap bank and the slate clock, the first of many member-created items?) have resulted in spirited bidding and frankly, a lot of fun. Also, should you wish to contribute but not have time to shop, we will happily accept cash donations and do your shopping for you.
Are you ready to help? Click the link to the right entitled "2015 Auction Contribution Form" to get started. We look forward to receiving yours completed! Remember, the convention is early in 2015 so the donation dates are earlier than usual—please don’t let them get away
What Is The Foundation Doing Right This Moment?
- NC State University College of Design and Architecture's Dr. Soolyeon Cho and research students are developing a user-friendly computer program for architects, engineers and consultants of the building envelope industry. The program will identify optimal strategies for high-performance roof design and development. The initial rollout is planned for January 2015.
- The Foundation was proud to enable twenty-five college students studying architecture, engineering and construction management to attend the 2014 RCI International Convention & Trade Show.
- Funding has been provided to the Single Ply Roofing Institute (SPRI) to participate in research on and the development of test procedures to demonstrate compliance with air barrier requirements for mechanically attached roofing systems. The RCI Foundation Canada has also provided additional funding for this project.
- The Center for High Performance Environments at Virginia Tech University received funding to test assumptions about dark and reflective roofing. PIMA, ARMA and EPDM Roofing Association also provided funding and support for this project.
- Funding was provided to The National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) to support the review and update of the Roofing Systems chapter of the Whole Building Design Guide. The update has recently been completed!
- The University of Toronto Daniels Faculty Center for Lanscape Research recieved support from the Foundation as well as the Foundation Canada to purchase testing and monitoring instrumentation needed to collect and analyze data regarding the performance of green roofs and photovoltaic panels. The research has just been completed and representatives from the university will be making their presentation at the RCI International Convention and Trade Show next March in San Antonio, Texas!
Check back soon for more examples of how your contributions are being put to use in new and exciting ways!